EU Athletes is looking for an intern to support the team in the policy and project-related work. The internship will focus on contributing to preparing, managing and implementing EU-funded projects, as well as policy work in different areas, according to the profile and preferences of the successful candidate. The internship will also include various communication and administrative tasks.
The position will provide an excellent opportunity to learn and gain work experience in the professional sport sector, working for independent organisation representing European athletes from different sports.
Timing and conditions:
4–5 month internship with a stipend, (may be eligible for Erasmus+ Traineeship) starting in January/February 2022. Remote work, with possible travel within Europe.
- Supporting the organisation in writing EU project applications;
- Supporting management, implementation and reporting of EU-funded projects;
- Monitoring of EU Sport Policy and other relevant policy fields;
- Contributing to reports, background documents and statements;
- Attending meetings, conferences and other relevant events;
- Assisting with organisation of EU Athletes events (in particular Board meetings and General Assemblies), meetings and seminars;
- Communication with members, partners and other stakeholders, updating the organisation’s website and social media channels.
- Student currently enrolled in the last year of a Master’s degree programme (European studies, EU project management, Law, International relations or similar) or a recent graduate;
- Knowledge of the of the main EU Institutions and their functions, knowledge of EU legal and policy framework, particularly EU Sport Policy;
- Knowledge of EU programmes (particularly Erasmus+) and methodology of projects management;
- Excellent information gathering, writing, summarizing and reporting skills;
- Good working knowledge of Office package;
- Strong presentation, communication and people skills;
- Excellent English language skills (C1); knowledge of other European languages is an advantage;
- Ability to work in a small team and within a multicultural environment, strong organizational skills; autonomy, and flexibility;
- Previous experience related to NGOs in the sport sector, EU institutions or trade unions movement, as well as interest in professional sports and athlete rights would be appreciated.
Interested candidates are asked to send their application (CV and a short cover letter) before the 16th of December 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Contact: Paulina Tomczyk, General Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org